Tourism plays an important role in Europe because of its economic and employment potential, as well as social and environmental impact. According to UNWTO, EU countries are among the major tourism destinations. Tourism also contributes to employment and economic growth, as well as to development of rural, peripheral or less-developed areas. The industry is among the major job creators especially for youth, women and low-qualified workers.
The project is focused on supporting non-formal education and transfer of experience and knowledge in the field of tourism, adopting blended learning and coaching and mentoring approaches by the means of open, innovative and easy-to-use digital tools.
1. Creating a new ICT based training tool for supporting non-formal education and transfer of experience in the field of tourism, adopting blended learning and coaching and mentoring approaches;
2. Developing teaching and learning materials – a modular programme for beginners and professionals in tourism – 6 modules for beginners and 2 – for professionals (in English with translation in the project languages)
3. Supporting entrepreneurship and non-formal learning and teaching opportunities through improving competences and knowledge of low-skilled and low-qualified people who want to start a new business or have a career in the area of tourism, and coaching and mentoring skills of tourism professionals to transfer their experience;
4. Enhancing the abilities of professionals in the field of tourism to become non-formal tutors, coaches and mentors of low-skilled and low-qualified people to facilitate their transition to the labour market, provide career guidance and boost their entrepreneurship spirit;
5. Creating a network of professionals in the field of tourism and people who want to work in this area, to enhance international and intergenerational support and exchange of experience, best practices and lessons learned in the field of tourism;
6. Promoting cross-sector and transnational cooperation and exchange of best practices among partner countries: vocational, educational and training centres from formal, non-formal and informal education.
- With this project, we want to help small owners establish and manage their own tourism businesses.
- Professionals, who could be encouraged to share their knowledge and experience with newcomers in the tourism sector and help them start a new business or a career there. By improving their qualification, these professionals could become non-formal tutors, mentors and coaches to people who want to work in the area of tourism.
- Managers and professionals, who want to go one step further, become mentors and coaches, and transfer their knowledge and skills. In addition, the acquired skills and competences will be recognizable on the labour market in all partner countries
- Professionals: mproves skills and competences of professionals to become coaches and mentors of new-comers and to transfer their experience in the field of tourism. It also targets an economic sector that highly relies on transferable and soft competences and cross-cultural exchanges